WORK WITH US
LITTLE ROOTS TEACHING ARTIST
Early Childhood Music Education/ Part-Time
Do you dream of combining your love for music and education in one exciting position? 317 Main is seeking one or more passionate early childhood educators and musicians as long-term substitutes for our Little Roots music classes. The Little Roots program strives to advance 317 Main’s mission to encourage creative expression, personal growth, and community connection through music for the youngest children in our surrounding communities.
Little Roots Teaching Artists lead our 45-minute music classes through a repertoire of singing, rhythm practice, and movement to support families in building foundational music skills in children ages (0-6). Our current Little Roots offerings include Little Roots Family (0-6 with caregiver); Ready, Set, Grow (3-5); and Explorer Uke, Explorer Fiddle, and Explorer Piano (5-6).
Little Roots Teaching Artists are responsible for:
- Delivering quality music classes in a fun and supportive environment
- Fostering a sense of community with and among participating families
- Adding creative spin while using curriculum as a guide for consistent programming
- Working with the Little Roots Coordinator, Director of Education, administration, and other staff to ensure classes run smoothly
- Setting up before class and cleaning up afterward (including disinfecting instruments after each class)
- Participating in staff training and development
- Must have a passion for music, warm rapport with children, and a desire to support families in fostering musical development
- Must have certain foundational music skills- sing in tune, keep a steady beat, aptitude for learning songs, and comfort using music expressively
- Instrumental (especially fiddle) and vocal skills are strongly preferred
- Familiarity with First Steps in Music a plus
- At least 1 year experience working with young children, especially toddlers and babies
This is a long-term substitute position for the fall session with the potential for growth as the program expands. Pay rate is $40 per class.
Please send a cover letter and CV to [email protected]
VOLUNTEER WITH US!
We need you! Volunteers play an invaluable role in our organization. We need help with everything from putting up posters to organizing and staffing events including The House Party and HenryFest. We would love for you to join our team of volunteers. Would you please start the process by filling out the form below? After we learn about your interests, Development Director Sally Struever will be in touch. Thank You!