On The Menu: Live Music
You bring lunch and a friend. We’ll provide the entertainment.
Why settle for lunch at your desk, in the car, or at home when you could be serenaded with live, acoustic music in the sunny café at 317 Main Community Music Center in Yarmouth?
Noon Tunes, a monthly series of free acoustic concerts, features different members of 317’s teaching faculty playing a variety of musical genres from bluegrass to jazz, Franco-Acadian to pop vocals.
“Every month offers a new musical adventure for the listener,” said Chris Moore, Director of Music Education at 317 Main.
Noon Tunes are scheduled from 12-1 p.m. the 2nd Tuesday of every month from October through June.
- Oct. 13-Steve Roy & Lincoln Meyers-Bluegrass
- Nov. 10-Jake Hoffman & Tyler Lienhardt-Folk
- Dec. 8-Diana Hansen-Eclectic Vocal
- Jan. 12-K. Kelly Muse & Susie Pepper
- Feb 9-Kathy Slack & Friends-Music for Valentine’s Day
- March 8-Brad Longfellow & Friends-Great Songs and Singing
- April 12-Tyler Stanley & Friends-Jazz & Pop on Piano & Trumpet
- May 10-Kate Campbell Strauss & Friends-Jazz & Funk
- June 14-Erica Brown, Matt Shipman & Alden Robinson-Franco-Acadian Folk
Not only is listening to live music enjoyable, studies show it reduces stress and enhances creativity. In other words, Noon Tunes may be good for your health. Regular attendance is encouraged!
The building at 317 Main is fully accessible and all ages are welcome to attend.